Saturday, 28 February 2009

Visiting with Astrid, Matthew and Stewart

Yesterday, Sophia and I went to visit with Astrid, Matthew and Stewart. We all had a great time and Astrid and I were able to catch up. We used to work in next door cubicles at ConocoPhillips and then had our first kids a few months apart.

Sophia and Matt eating their "marshells'' and drinking their tea. I was amazed at how many marshmallows these two were able to power through, no wonder they didn't eat much lunch...
On our way home, Matt decided he wanted to come and play outside. Since Stewart was sleeping it was perfect timing. The two kids had a couple of snowball 'fights' before they chased each other down the street.

Sophia was so perfectly dressed for all of this in her dress and tights (catch my sarcasm) and normally she would be complaining about being cold....I guess she was having too much fun to think about it:)

And off they went...Astrid and I both had to run to catch up to these two. Man, can two year olds ever run!!!!

Here is a cute video of some of the snowball throwing. I was trying hard not to laugh, especially around the tree where Sophia slipped and Matt bailed:)
Part of our visit was to meet baby Stewart (and I forgot to take a picture of the cute little guy, maybe next time). Sophia really fell in love with him and would try to bring him toys and his soother. While we were eating our lunch, he was in the swing beside us. He would start to fuss and Sophia would copy me trying to calm him down. Whenever he was off napping, she would always ask "where is baby Stewart?" She would make an awesome big sister, hopefully one day....
Thanks again Astrid, Matthew and Stewart for the visit and lunch! Soon, once the madness ends at our house, you can all come for a visit....

No comments: