Thursday, 19 February 2009

Valentine's Day

We have been spending most weekends at our cabin (mostly, since our house is still a disaster zone and I am sick of being in it but that will be a whole different post). It is such a cozy and relaxing place. If any of you ever want to use it for a weekend or even stop in if you are travelling down the QE2 you are more than welcome...

Sophia modelling Papa's Bud Light hat...
After being outside, we always have hot chocolate and marshells, as Sophia like to call them. It's a nice treat but boy does it rev her up:)

With the fire going it gets pretty warm and dry in the house. Sophia was bouncing off the couches and making her hair stand up straight.

A better view of the crazy hair look...

Maybe a future gymnast?

For Valentine's Day we decide to heat to West Edmonton Mall, just for something different to do. Sophia was so excited to ride the carousel, train and even the airplane (which she did all by herself)!! Once we arrived, I was informed by Max that we had to be at a certain place by 3 pm. 'That place' was the spa and Max had booked me a massage and facial!!!!

While I was off getting pampered, Max and Sophia went on the rides in Galaxyland (I still refer to it as Fantasyland but whatever). It was so nice and relaxing and gave Max some great one-on-one Sophia time. We then headed out for dinner before driving back to the cabin. I think we were all so relaxed and goofy after that but it was such a great day and I can't wait to do it again. Maybe next time we will attempt the waterpark or perhaps a little shopping?

1 comment:

Astrid said...

Matt gets wired on marshmallows too!