When we got back from our visit with Astrid, Matthew and Stewart, we were greeted with patched up walls in our kitchen!!! Yeah!!! Soon enough we will even have a full counter!!!

The new, temporary back splash...

The only catch is that drywall was put up. After all of these
renos, the thing I dislike (very strongly) is drywall and the dust
associated with it. No matter what you do, it is almost impossible to keep the house clean as the dust particles are so fine and easily travel throughout the house. I had to wet my finger,
every line, to write this in all the dust. It also has taken about 4-5 washings and a vacuum in order to get all of the dust off this one small part of our counter...

Normally, our hardwood is an auburn color. Until Sophia vacuumed (yes, she did most of it and actually liked it), it was of a dusty grey with auburn bits. I really like that you can see every foot print, gotta love drywall!!!

Just in case you weren't able to see the real effect of the previous picture, here is a close up...yes we are living through this and thankfully are reaching the end. I wonder what we will do when our weekends at home are not spent cleaning or shopping for lights, knobs and furniture?!?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment