Saturday, 22 January 2011

Sophia & Santa

This year Sophia was excited to see Santa.  We tried to get a group picture with Sadie and Casey but we were all sick or busy before the Allan crew headed up to Hinton for Christmas.  We missed them in the picture but they were probably glad that they didn't have to wait around for an hour to get the shot...









Mom and Dad, thankfully came with us so we could each take a little break of waiting in line (silly us decided to go after lunch on the day many kids got out of school).  Sophia was initially looking forward to going but once Santa came, she refused to look or walk by him.  I was kind of worried that we would have a repeat of the last couple of years but once I explained that Santa doesn't know what to bring unless you are able to tell him, Sophia was good.  

A couple of days before we were to see Santa, Sophia asked me if anyone ever gave Santa presents.  We both came up with the idea that maybe a card would be something nice to give him when she went and sat on his knee.  Sophia made the card and drew all the pictures by herself!  I was very proud that she wanted to do something so nice and came up with the idea herself:)


This is the picture we got.  Sophia was so excited that she couldn't seem to smile with her eyes open.  Oh well, at least this year there are smiles and not tears....

*I have been playing around with the file sizes of my videos for the last few weeks trying to find a format that doesn't compromise the quality without taking an entire day to upload.  The best solution that we found is to post the videos on YouTube and embed them into the blog.  Now that I am familiar with this, I will go back and post a couple of the better videos on YouTube.  I can't promise that they will be done soon, but keep checking and I will do my best*

No comments: