Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Gymnastics, Parent's Day

Way back at the end of November, the girls had their last day of gymnastics (for that session anyway).  Sophia was very excited for me to come and watch her, especially now that she is on the other side of the gym, I don't often get to see her.  She specifically told me that I had to wear proper gym clothes so that I could participate too.


Here is a little video montage of Sophia's doing her gymnastics.  I was very impressed with how much she has improved.  She was able to walk across the beam, all on her own, which she hasn't done before! She also was able to jump from a mat under the lower bar and jump to grab the higher bar on the uneven bars.  I was shocked when I saw her do that but thrilled at the pointed toes:)  I am so happy that even after 3 years of doing this, Sophia still loves it and is excited to go every week.



I also did a little montage of Sadie.  My Dad did most, if not all the filming while I hung out with the girls.  Sadie, too, has improved greatly over the last few months.  She has very little fear and is willing to try almost anything, depending on the adult she is with:)   She definitely has a stubborn streak as she will not do anything that she doesn't want to do and she won't give up.  Sadie is a superstar on the beam though and has never been afraid of it.  At one point in the video, she has to walk through small hoops on the beam and she does it without hesitation.

Watching the girls improve and excel at this has been so fun to watch.   It makes for such a fun, if not early, Friday morning.

No comments: