Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Random Sophia

I am slowly sorting through my pictures and trying to get all the latest posts done before this weekend as we are headed to Windermere then off to Kelowna for a little while. Life here has been so busy and I am really looking forward to a little vacation and doing as little as possible. I wonder what Sophia thinks of that?
The weekend of our year end recital, I decided to make some Banana-Blueberry Muffins for the dance teachers. Can you tell we had just come from gymnastics?
Sophia is very good at mashing the bananas, counting how much we are measuring and eating the treats. If only I could get her to do it all and just sit back and watch...
Always the Princess, Sophia needs to be dressed up and 'on.' Sometimes I really think she is going to be an entertainer of some sort.
Her latest is singing the new Alice in Wonderland song, pretty much from beginning to end. One of these days I will get it on video and post it...
We have had a little issue at our cabin. A couple of months ago, we noticed that Sophia seemed to have an allergy to something there. Three things happened around that time: we pulled out an old area rug, got a forced-air furnace and noticed that we had skunks underneath our back deck which is right by Sophia's bedroom. One weekend, Max brought her up for the night and this is how she looked when she got home. The pictures really don't do her justice but her eyes were almost swollen shut!!!
We think it was the area rug so that has been removed and the cabin has been cleaned from top to bottom, including washing the walls. As for the skunks, the night Max and I were there to clean, we caught one. It woke us up at 6am but when we got up a couple hours later, the darn thing had knocked the trap down some stairs and managed to get the door open. Max was LIVID!! I don't think we spoke too much after that...He was determined to catch the buggers and ended up driving up to the cabin two evenings the next week to re-set and relocate the skunk that finally ended up being caught. So far we haven't had any more hits on the trap so let's hope they are all gone and our place won't have Eau de Skunk anymore.

No comments: