My parents gave Lindsay and I seasons passes to Heritage Park for Christmas. While Sophia has visited here, I haven't been in a long time. So far Lindsay and I have taken the kids twice (both sets of pics included) and we have all had a great time!
I took this picture of Casey while the girls where candy shopping in the General Store. It was just taken on my phone but I love it! Casey has some of the most fantastic smiles, especially when you tickle him:)
Lindsay took the girls on the Ferris Wheel. I think it took them a few rounds to get comfortable but short of Lindsay's motion sickness, all was well.
Sadie trying to have a look around, without moving too much.
If you look closely you can see Sadie's arm hanging onto Lindsay's leg, really tight. I vaguely remember the first time Lindsay was on one of these, at the Stampede. I think her face was buried in my Dad's shirt the entire time so Sadie is well ahead.
Practicing their letters in the school house. One of these days I will find the picture of me in second grade when I got to sit in the classroom all dressed up like Pioneer's.
We then headed for the train. Our timing was fantastic as most of the time we were on the train, it was pouring rain. The girls didn't mind. Once we got off the train, we ran for the exit before the storm got any worse. It was a little freaky running through an open field considering each of us had a metal stroller and there was thunder and lightening. Thankfully it wasn't as crazy as the weather was today.
Our second trip, which was yesterday, the weather definitely cooperated with us. We ended up hanging around for 3.5 hours including a picnic lunch. The kids were good but exhausted by the end, especially since there were no naps beforehand.
Since Lindsay got too dizzy on the Merry-Go-Round and Ferris Wheel, I thought I would take the girls on The Whip. Sophia was all over it and had a blast throughout, Sadie started clutching my leg as soon as we hit the first turn. Got to give her credit though, at the end of the ride, she had both her hands up in the air on every corner, just like Sophia. Maybe next time we try to tackle the Caterpillar...
No comments:
Post a Comment