Way back during the September long weekend, Max and I and our friends, Neil and Lee took a trip to Las Vegas. We had a great time and managed to keep really busy with shows, gambling and shopping (believe it or not the guys liked the shopping). The weather was hot, hot, hot but we had such a fantastic time!

We went and saw
Jubilee at
Bally's and ended up running into
Kym Johnson from Dancing with the Stars!!!! I noticed her when we were leaving the show (a totally
cheezy Vegas showgirl type show but really good) and mentioned it to the rest of the gang. Lee asked me if I wanted to meet her and said she would go and say hi. Well, we all ended up chatting with Kym for about 15 minutes!!! She was so nice and down to earth which is exactly how she comes across on
tv. Ironically enough, Lee and Kym grew up about 10 minutes away from each other in Sydney, Australia. Too cool!

Our next adventure was to go
Dune Buggying. The boys had done this back in April and had such a great time that we all decided to go. It was awesome but ridiculously hot. As in, +42 degrees hot!!

It was Lee and Neil's 14
th Wedding Anniversary that weekend too! Thanks for letting us spend it with you:)

Halfway through the hour and a half long trek, you stop for a water break. You need the water but stopping is awful. It was
sooooo hot and there was no shade. I thought I was going melt. At least when you are driving there is a little bit of a breeze. The worst was stopping in the buggies to let everyone else catch up. You get the heat from the dessert and from the exhaust of the buggy in front of you.

It is hard to get a good idea about the height of the dunes but we took quite a few large drops. We all caught some good air too! The only thing you really have to worry about is keeping your pedal all the way down. If you ease up on it you will get stuck. I did once because I couldn't reach the darn pedal (yep, I was too short for even the smallest buggy). Once I figured out a way to contort myself into reaching the pedal, the driving was much easier. So much so that Max couldn't even keep up with me, ouch!!!

I have never experienced heat like this. When I finished, I went straight to the cooler, drank two bottles of water, pour another one over my head and took two more bottles with me for the drive home. I do believe I had mild heat stroke as I was pretty woozy and had a headache but it was totally worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat, just not when it is that hot. (The boys said that the dunes were quite a bit larger and therefore had a better ride in September versus when they were there in April so I guess there is some trade off with the heat).

On the bus on the way back to the hotel. Max styled my hair and with all the sand, it did not move!! It was quite something walking through the Venetian back to our rooms completely covered in dust and sand. I think it took about a 45 minute shower to remove it all:) It was an awesome trip and I can't wait to do it again!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment