Tuesday, 20 October 2009

Going on a Pumpkin Hunt

Since I am caught up (mostly, if only the video camera was working), I am actually going to post something we did today. Sophia had her first field trip to Butterfield Acres and since siblings were invited to come, we thought we Sadie might like to come along.

As we started walking in, Sophia caught up with her friend Lila. The two of them were inseparable and I guess they are like that at school too. They held hands where ever they went which was no easy task with mittens on.

We got to go for a tractor and wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch.


Both girls really enjoyed themselves. Sadie liked playing with all the straw and Sophia was just happy to be sitting next to Lila.

The pumpkins were hidden under some straw and it was up to the kids to find them. Good thing as I couldn't see them! Sophia must have great eyes or intuition because as soon as she saw the pile of straw, she beelined towards it to find her pumpkin. She even helped Sadie find hers...


Of course it is not that small of a pumpkin. Fun task to corral two kids and carry two pumpkins. Thankfully Lila's parents were both there to give me a hand and the teachers helped me carry them to the car, thanks.

Sadie with her pumpkin. Sophia decided after we found the pumpkins that she wanted the little one and Sadie could have the large one.

The three girls with their loot.


First you write your name and draw your faces. Then you get to go into a different room and glue a bunch of stuff onto them. Sadie really liked the markers, I think she would have stayed there all day, until she discovered glue...


Sophia did most of her decorating with Lila and I was chasing Sadie around. Finally, once the room cleared out a bit, they were able to work together. Sadie really had no interest in putting anything in her glue, she just like to put it all over the pumpkin. Thankfully there wasn't a heck of a lot of glue to start with or I think it would have been all over her pumpkin:)

Yummy snack time. There was hot chocolate provided for the kids and they both did quite well. Sadie wore much of her snack and hot chocolate but she didn't seem to mind.

Lila and Sophia, just like two peas in a pod.

The sign beside this one says "Get your Pigture." Sadie was a little freaked out by the small face and didn't want to stick her head in. I like how the other two girls are trying to look at each other. Too cute!

No comments: