Thursday, 29 October 2009

More fun times at the cabin...

Fall at the cabin, finally. We thought we would take Sadie with us to give Lindsay and Tyson a free evening before the little one arrives. The girls were fabulous and both slept really well. Even Sadie didn't get up until 9am! Maybe it is the fresh, outdoor air? I am sure Lindsay was trying to figure out why she won't do that at home:)



Saturday was spent baking cookies, icing cookies and playing in the leaves, finally. The girls did well and I think were less exhausted than the adults. It took us about 4ish hours to do all the cookies and I was so sick of looking at them, I couldn't eat any (maybe not a bad thing).

I only had purple and orange icing (I cheated and bought pre-made ones) but the girls really liked making brown...


Sprinkles, sprinkles, sprinkles. They were the highlight for the girls and the enemy for us, especially the little ball ones. You find them everywhere, no matter how many times you sweep. But I think Sadie liked them:)


After playing so hard, it was time for a bath. Both of the girls had naps during the day (Sophia just walked into her bed, on her own and came out a couple of hours later) but were tired from playing so hard. Sadie had no problem going to bed but Sophia wasn't tired enough so she sat with the adults while we had our dinner (who knew but she figured out she like olives and ate her second supper of the night). I love the pictures of Sadie's eyes, so cute and so blue.


Full mouth of teeth! This picture shows how much Sadie has slimmed out. She has really grown taller in the last few months. She is so cute and I love that she calls me 'Auntie!'


I wish I had a belly shot of Lindsay to share but this is the best one for now (Lindsay probably won't like me for a bit, but oh well). Lindsay and Tyson are currently billeting a girl, Morgan, who is part of the Katimavik program. A group of 17-21 year olds volunteer and spend 6-9 months living away from home. They have a house that all of them live in and then for a short 10 days in each city, they get billeted with a family. Morgan was working with Lindsay at CPAWS and so Lindsay volunteered her house. She is almost at the end of her two month stay in Calgary then they move on to Ottawa and New Westminster for two months each. Morgan was a great help and really good with the girls. It was nice to have an extra hand...

No comments: