Tuesday, 23 June 2009

Randomness and a few others...

Here are a few random pictures from the last month or so. With my year-end recital and other things on the go, I just haven't had the time to post some pictures. I figured since we are heading off to Kelowna this weekend I should get some of these posts done so I don't end up too far gone...
The day of my dress rehearsal Sophia and Max were nice enough to bring me lunch. We had a quick picnic before I had to run back inside. Sophia is now all about dressing herself. This was the outfit she chose. The leg bands, I bought to go on her water bottle to help distinguish which one was hers since there were so many that looked alike. 10 points for creativity:)
One evening we decided to head to Cochrane for ice cream. It was cold and rainy but we saw the most amazing rainbows.

Sophia had no problem finishing the ice cream and very little of it ended up on her shirt.

We sat in the car to eat since it was so chilly outside.

This is the first time I have seen this. You could clearly see the start and finish of two rainbows. It looked like the end was right on the road.
Sophia was so excited about seeing two rainbows. She kept pointing them out to us.
No too bad considering they were all taken with my iPhone camera...
Back at the cabin. We had a few things to get done and thankfully Sophia fell asleep so we could work in peace. Max told her that if she was tired she should have a nap on the hammock. She climbed up, asked for a blanket and slept for 3 hours!!! This is unheard of now since she really no longer naps.
There was a gentle breeze that kept the hammock in constant motion so maybe that helped get her to sleep. Hmmm, I think a nap is a good thing right now...
Our former ash bucket. Max was a little too impatient to wait for the ash to cool before he emptied it into the bucket. This is what happens when you put hot ash into a plastic bucket. Buh-bye bucket! We have since been given a metal bucket with a lid (in it's previous life it was a bedpan but it seems to work great for ash).
Sophia singing in the yard...
...and peeking through her little house windows.
Max and I came to check on Sophia one night before bed. Thankfully too, since she was sleeping precariously on the edge of her bed...
We went out to Montana's for dinner with my parents one night. Somebody ordered some mashed potatoes (which Sophia just loves). Dad had already put some on a plate and fork for her but he mentioned that she might want to test the temperature first because they might still be warm. He was thinking she would touch the potatoes on the fork before she put them in her mouth. Well, that just is not the way Sophia thinks. Instead, she leaned over and stuck her tongue in the entire plate of potatoes, while still holding the fork!!! We all had a great laugh!!!
This is the lovely laundry tag you get with your bill at the French Laundry. And yes, the total is in dollars and not cents as I would have preferred...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With respect to the "ash bucket" photos...perhaps it is becase of Max's difficulties with english as a second language...he appears confused with "ashes" which have burned and therefore released all their chemical energy and "coals" which are still producing heat.

Just sayin'