Anybody who knows Max knows how much he loves cars and driving. We of course had to visit Lombard Street so Max could drive down it. Can you see the grin on his face? Always up for a challenge...
The grade of the street was too steep for a straight road so all of these turns were put in. I didn't realize that there are actual driveways at each of the curves going down the street. While the view was awesome and the houses gorgeous, I don't think I could handle all that traffic outside my house all the time...

A view looking down Lombard. That big silver beast was our rental car, a lovely Grand Marquis. Good thing for the large size as we required all of that space to pack the cars on the way home:)
This and the next two photos were taken by Lori.

I love the greenery. It is always nice to see such lush vegetation when we had only brown, dry grass...

I would have so many limbs stuck in automatic closing car doors due to the grade of these streets. Either that or I would constantly loose my balance.

The Golden Gate Bridge as we were driving out to
Napa.

We were going to stop at a great photo opp on the return to the airport but due to our shopping we didn't have time (that's
ok, we did our best to support the local economy).

We stopped by this little bistro twice for lunch while we were in the city. It was great French food that we all enjoyed, some a little more than others. I am not sure how Max managed to get this shot. It is totally out of focus except for the faces!

I think it was desert that they were eating and was it ever good:) I don't know how Mark didn't choke on it though as he was laughing so hard!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment