We took Sophia to the Stampede for the first time this year. We all had such a wonderful time that we went twice! Sophia was excited about everything and we couldn't help but be excited also.
The moose game was the most interesting. You had to throw a ball into the moose's mouth, if you did, you won a moose. Sophia really likes moose right now so we thought we would let her play. Each throw she made, she missed, so the carnie would lift her up and carry her to the moose, let her drop the ball and then she would win a prize. Well, Sophia usually plays shy with strangers but wouldn't you know it, the carnies she had no problem with! This is a little frightening for Max and I as we hope she doesn't really continue down this trend with future boyfriends!
The agriculture building was a great area for the kids. There was all sorts of different animals and play stations. Sophia and Grandma Pat milked the cow (for all of 2 seconds).
Sophia got to ride a horse (well, since she is afraid of almost every animal, a part stuffed, part wooden horse would have to suffice).
Cute little baby buffalo. Sophia would get close to him but would never touch.
Such a little princess all decked out in her cowboy gear and her furry snake around her neck.
I think Sophia's favorite part of the Stampede were the rides. I cannot remember how many times she rode the merry-go-round. She was even brave enough to take one hand off to wave or pat the horse's mane.
I am not sure who was more frightened on the ferris wheel, Sophia or me. There were no straps and it was quite high. I was worried she would try to get out of the car at the top.
The bumblebee was her second favorite ride. She always wanted to go up and up. Max and I had to take turns on this one since we both got pretty dizzy.
No comments:
Post a Comment