Thursday, 19 August 2010

Week at the Cabin

Lindsay and I spent a week at our cabin with the kids.  We had a fun despite the passing of two Grandmas and the attitude of a couple of little girls, mostly the older one.  We caught 3 skunks during the week, two baby ones and one really large father skunk.  Thankfully a nice neighbor with the same skunk problem offered to 'relocate' them for us so that I didn't have to deal with it. (Since then we have caught more and are up to 9 for our cabin and 19 for the total with the skunks caught by our two neighbors, yuck!)

Our neighbor, Shane, aka skunk relocater, has a pontoon boat that he took us out for a ride in.  The girls found the snack stash and were enjoying that while Casey just hung out.  I think it was his first time on a boat and he really seemed to enjoy it.
We normally take the quad and trailer with us and all of our stuff to the beach.  It was so wet and the puddles along the path were way to deep for the girls to walk in so I figured we would take the quad.  The girls love just sitting on it and pretending to drive but I think they may have accidentally flooded the thing as I was unable to start it when we were trying to leave the beach.  Thankfully Shane and Elle were still there and he was able to give us all a tow home.  It really was embarrassing and Lindsay and I kept laughing the whole way.  Really, two city girls who can't dispose of skunks and can't start a quad!


For my birthday we decided to head up to Wabamun Lake to spend the day with Tyson's family.  His cousins and their children were all at the lake vacationing between two family weddings in Edmonton so there were plenty of children to play with.  It was a gorgeous day and the kids all had a great time.  I even got some peace and quiet on the drives (incredibly rare as Sophia is VERY chatty in the car), as I drove a sleeping Sadie to and from the lake.  My parents and Max made the drive up and had take out Indian from The Clay Oven in Calgary and some yummy tarts and cookies from Nectar.  Despite the somber mood, dinner was great and it was nice to spend it with my family.

No comments: