Back in January, Lindsay, Casey, Sophia and I took the train downtown to get Tyson a birthday present (Sadie was at her day home). We had a great day and even met my Dad for a lovely lunch.

Sophia had never been on a bus or train before and was so excited to be on one. We drove to Crowfoot and hopped on the train, (we needed to take the elevator down to the train platform). It was different as we had to use the Emergency Button to get down the elevator!!! There was a list of uses for it: Emergency, Violence and to use the elevator. I get that they want to keep the street people out but really...

I think Sophia had a grin on her face the entire time!

Sophia's school had a field trip to the
fire hall in
Cochrane. This place is brand new and huge!! Of course as soon as Sophia saw the firefighters and EMS, she freaked out and attached herself to my leg. Eventually she let go but I was the only parent sitting in the ambulance with the kids:) She did manage to climb up the firetruck though...

There was an old firetruck in one of the halls on which Sophia thought she would pose, of course it was at the end and she happy and excited to be there:)

They had hats and a little goody bag for each of the kids. It was fun and less traumatic than my first trip to the
fire hall (I was 5 and they thought they would let us hear the sirens. I started crying and I didn't stop until we left. Yes, I actually remember it and it was really traumatic).

Lindsay and I decided to take the kids to watch the Olympic torch relay. We checked the schedule and thought we had plenty of time one we arrived at the location. We started walking from the car and suddenly the parade of torch vehicles started. We really couldn't have had better timing! The kids had really no idea what was happening but Lindsay and I enjoyed ourselves. Now we are watching so proudly as Vancouver hosts the Olympics!!
Here is a little video of the torch relay. We managed to accidentally find a spot where there was a change of the torch bearers. It was awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment