The timing was excellent as Max's Mom arrived a couple of days before and was able to join us. She hadn't seen this ballet since she was really little so it was all new to her. Sophia did get a little restless during the second half of the show. She kept asking for her milk, which she backed in her purse (yes, her is the largest purse of the three), along with a couple stuffed animals. Part way through the second act, she decided to sit on the floor, under her seat. Since she was quiet and not moving around, I figured I would leave her be. Eventually she got back up and sat on my knee to finish the show. When I asked her what she was doing, she replied 'drinking milk!' She knew that she wasn't allowed to have it in there so she thought she would hide it. Smart girl:)
Afterwards, we went out for a nice dinner. Sophia managed to sit through the whole ballet and dinner without too much fuss. In fact, we had two different groups of people at the restaurant tell us that she was awesome. One couple said that she made their evening as she kept holding her glass and yelling out "Happy Holidays!" It was such an awesome night, I think we all felt like kids again!The ballet was done by Alberta Ballet and was probably the best one I have seen there. It actually came close to the quality of the one we saw in Moscow two years ago. I would gladly go back there...
No comments:
Post a Comment