Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Christmas cookie day

The day after the ballet was Christmas Cookie Day. Every year, my Mom makes and decorates gingerbread cookies with my cousins and this year, Sophia and Sadie got to take part. The boys (David, Stephen, Gregory and Marc), all came the day before as they are now sooooo tall that it freaks the little ones out a bit. I was there to help, mostly cleaning up after the decorating. I think the girls really enjoyed themselves...

Rolling out the gingerbread dough. Both of them were helpful and wanted to do everything. It made for lots of rolling though because they would just cut the cookies randomly instead of trying to fit as many on one roll as possible. Really, what were they thinking??? (I guess they are only 2 and 3 so they really wouldn't get that concept, maybe next year?)
Santa's little helpers...

By the time they were done, you couldn't tell what color Sadie's shirt was as it had so much flour:)

One tray of complete cookies. I think they did about 4 or 5 full trays which is plenty for them. The only bummer is that our family doesn't really eat the gingerbread cookies. Sophia will eat them once in a while but Max and I aren't really into them. If anyone wants some for next year, let me know and I can get Sophia to make and decorate some for you!!!

I like the look of concentration on her face. So into it. I think she decorated every cookie. We had three containers of cookies to take home (as of today, we still have two left).
I have no idea what happened to this picture but for some reason it appears Sophia has a very black eye. She doesn't, really...maybe just a shadow...
Sadie's finished cookies. It is hard to tell but most of Sadie's cookies were either licked or bitten while she was decorating. We eventually had to say enough of the decorating as she had eaten a so many cookies. I think she has a sweet tooth like her Mom and Grandpa do!
Baba Vera even got in some cookie decorating time. I think they were at it for almost two hours. Amazing that something could hold Sophia's attention for that long...maybe it was all the pink icing she used?

No comments: