Our first days in Maui were somewhat rainy (really, who cares, we were in Maui) but we were treated to some great golf watching. The course right outside our patio door was host to the Champions Tour Skins Game. We were able to watch some of the world's best "Old-Timers." Now, I am not a big golfer but this was neat to watch and now I can say that I have watched these guys live!!! Sophia told me today as we were viewing the pictures, "One day when I am bigger I will golf!"

Our second day, which was the most rainy, was the day of the Pro-Am. We watched a little bit of that from our dry patio and then Max helped one of the
amateurs retrieve their wind-blown umbrella.

The golfers are: Greg Norman, Jay Haas, Fuzzy
Zoeller, Ben
Crenshaw, Gary Player, Bernhard
Langer, Jack Nicklaus and Tom Watson.

From Left to Right: Ben
Crenshaw (orange shirt and cap), Jack Nicklaus (black cap), Fuzzy
Zoeller (sunglasses), Bernhard
Langer (blue shirt, white cap) and Gary Player (all white).
Ok, if you are not a golf
enthusiast, like I am not, I needed all the color descriptions to determine who was who...

Jay Haas about to tee off..

Here are a couple of quick
succession shots of Greg Norman's swing...

Anyone taking pointers?

Wow, they make it look so easy...

Gary Player was the oldest player here at 71 years old. He looks like he is in fantastic shape for an older dude but his swing did look a little stiff to me (really, do I know what I am talking about? unlikely...)

This was the hole right in front of our condo.

Tom Watson is in the black shirt, black cap and white slacks behind
Langer. I like the look of concentration on
Langer's face...

Fuzzy was the most entertaining of the bunch. For the most part they were pretty quiet but every so often he would crack a good joke.

Haas studying his shot.

There was only one little oops on the course and it had nothing to do with golf. While I was walking, I happened to step on a small twig which shot up my shin and got a small piece of it stuck. We all tried to dig the piece of twig out but to no avail. Max eventually got it out after opening the skin a bit more (with a steak knife since we didn't have a needle) and a whole lot of profanity from me (it hurt like crazy). We thought that with the likelihood of there being chemicals in the wood, it would be better to have taken it out. I religiously applied
Neosporin for the next week until it healed up nicely.
No comments:
Post a Comment