Tuesday, 23 December 2008

Santa

On Friday, Lindsay and I (and our parents), took the girls to see Santa. Sophia had told me on numerous occasions that did not want to see Santa, but that morning she changed her mind. I thought we would try to see how it went. When it was finally our turn (after 45 minutes of waiting), Sophia started to get a little worried. When she finally saw a teeny bit of the guy, she started to cry and climb up me to get away. She was so attached to me that I could let go and she wouldn't fall. Sadie did manage to sit by herself on Santa's knee, but once Sophia got really upset, she started crying too! They told us to take a break and try again in a few minutes. I was one of those great parents who was laughing the whole time as this was exactly what I pictured it being:)
Try number 2 worked out way better. Sophia and I sat down first and we started talking to Santa. When he asked Sophia what she wanted for Christmas, her reply was "A candy cane please!" Since there was a big bag of candy canes right beside him, she got one right away and it calmed her down. Even though the younger girls aren't smiling, they were happy and content and hopefully not too traumatized!

So I know I have been slow with my posts lately, but once we got back we had to move our furniture, including our desk and computer for the painters. It was a slow process getting everything back in working order but there is progress and it looks awesome. The painters were able to paint 3/4 of the house while we were away and only had to do a couple of walls (behind bookshelves, desk and buffet) once we returned. I am guessing the house won't be complete until the end of January, oh well, they are doing a great job, just slower than expected:(

No comments: