Why the name sparrow? For those of you who are fluent in Russian, you will know that the root of our name, vorobey, means sparrow. Since most of my English speaking friends (and family) have some trouble speaking and spelling our name I thought I would go with Sophia the Sparrow, as it seems much easier.
Wednesday, 20 August 2008
The Enchanted Forest
On our latest drive to Kelowna, Mom and I decided to stop at the Enchanted Forest. I had only been here once before and that was some time ago. Sophia loved it and we loved seeing how excited she was! (http://www.enchantedforestbc.com/)
At the Roger's Pass Summit where we decided to break for lunch.
All of the characters at the Enchanted Forest are concrete and I think some of them are the originals (first made in the 60's).
The enchanted egg. If you pushed a button a light would come on inside with a bunch of little figures having a party.
Each stop is a fairy tale described by the characters (There was an old lady who lived in a shoe, in case you couldn't guess) and up in the trees is the story written out for you. We had been reading some of them in the car with Sophia so she was able to see the fairy tales in a large scale right before her eyes.
Fairy land...
The insides of the houses are decorated too with the furniture you would read about in the stories.
In case anybody was wondering where she was, I found the Tooth Fairy!
A tea party for two! Sophia actually tried to drink out of the cup which was full of rocks and dirt and who knows how many mouths before...yuck.
Hugs for Winnie-the-Pooh...
...and cuddles for Tigger.
You can kind of tell the actual size of the house with the boy in front and Grandma Pat trying to get out. Such an neat idea and Sophia was the perfect size to go through all of the houses.
Of course swimming. We were lucky to swim a couple of times in Wendy's pool, especially since Sophia pooped in it the first time we visited!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment