Wednesday, 7 May 2008

And so it begins....

After a couple of years of reading other people's blogs (Thanks Astrid!), I have decided to give this a shot. I thought this might be a fun way for the Russian half of our family to keep up with Sophia. So here it goes...

Why the name sparrow? For those of you who are fluent in Russian, you will know that the root of Vorobiev, vorobey, means sparrow. Since most of my English speaking friends (and family) have some trouble speaking and spelling our name I thought I would go with Sophia the Sparrow, as it seems much easier.

Since this blog is for people in two different countries, who speak different languages, don't be afraid if you can't read something that is written. I am going to do my best to post in both languages so everyone can feel a part of Sophia's life, no matter where they are.

No comments: