Yesterday Max finally arrived in Moscow. We all waited very impatiently around the house in Aksakovo for his arrival. Sophia was bouncing off the walls and off Nikita, in excitement. At least there were a few things to do to keep us occupied and unaware of how slowly the time seemed to be passing. This was the longest stretch of time away from Max. I know that people do it often and for much longer but I am not one of those people, nor do I like it. I must say though, the first three weeks here did seem to pass quickly. We have stayed only in Aksakovo and every 2-3 days we traveledl into the city. Other than that we are at the house. It is fun, yet slightly isolating. While we are only about 35km from the city centre, it feels more like 100. Hopefully we will be able to spend more time in the city now that Max is here, whether we stay at Vera's for a couple of nights or we just take day trips. There are still so many places I would like to see...
Our Russian, both mine and Sophia's, has improved. I brought a study book with me and have completed it, finally after about 10 years! Sophia is able to speak a few words and without an accent. She very easily is able to say please and thank you among a few other words. Nyet, being her favorite!
A little video of Sophia greeting Max...
I had Sophia hide behind one of the bushes as Max and Denis arrived yesterday. He wasn't able to see her until she went running. I am glad I was able to catch it on camera! She did not leave his side for most of the night and even today is very happy that he is here. Sophia's comment to Max today, 'I am so excited that tomorrow is my birthday and that you are here!!!
1 comment:
Hey guys. That video made my morning...nice to see you three together gain. Hodorek
Post a Comment