Sunday, 27 March 2011

Escaping to BC.

We managed to escape the snowy, cold weather of Calgary yesterday to head west towards Kelowna, where there is no longer snow on the ground!  As usual for spring break, we came out here and will head to Vancouver tomorrow for a little visit with the relatives and maybe a little bit of shopping.  What, who me, shop?

I must say, today ended up being a fabulous, gut-busting day.  We, Mom, Dad, Sophia and I, headed downtown for a some yummy breakfast of which Sophia said were the best waffles ever!  The entertainment began with Dad asking Sophia if she was shaking her willies...Hmmm, maybe he meant sillies!  We then headed to Mosaic Books where I picked up a hilarious book called 'Damn You Autocorrect!'   I spent the rest of the morning laughing so hard I had tear stains down my face.  It was appropriate though as Mom texted my Dad a message yesterday saying "Ur very late.   Ernie won't get out of her until at least 4."  According to Max, that Ernie, whoever he is, has quite the stamina!  Some of my favorites with the 'real' words in brackets after...

What did you get Mom for her birthday?
                           I got her the anal beads she asked for. (Pandora Beads)

Is Dad around? I have a question about computers.
                          He's getting a sex change but he left an hour ago and should be back soon! (oil change)

Hi. How are finals going?
                          Almost done. My testes have been really hard this semester. (tests)

Can you come over to watch the kids?
                          Sure...wheres John?
He's out riding his bisexual. (bike)

I'm starvingggggg! What time are we eating tonight?
                          I'll be home in 10 mins and I've got condoms. (dinner)
Ew mom why.  Thats sick.

Ok, one of the most hilarious books I have read lately.  I am still crying while trying to type these out.   I am bringing this with me in the car tomorrow so it should be one heck of an entertaining ride west.What a great ab workout...

Dad and I then spent the afternoon at a Quail's Gate Wine Club tasting and tour.  Since I am a member, as a gift from my parents, I thought I would bring Dad along so he could reap some of the benefits from the gift that keeps on giving.  It was fabulous and we met a very nice couple, originally from Edmonton but now in Kelowna.  We also got to sample some of Quail's Gate's new wines, properly paired with some tasty appetizers.  Thankfully Mom volunteered to look after Sophia so it was a very peaceful afternoon.  

As funny and crazy entertaining as the day was, the evening ended the best.  Mom purchased the 1961 version of 'The Parent Trap' with Hayley Mills and Maureen O'Hara.  I loved this movie as kid and was so excited to watch it with Sophia.  We snuggled under the bed covers and watched on the iPad until she got too tired to continue.  It was just her and I and the iPad and it was great!   Sophia, the ever loving and gentle one, would rub my back or touch my cheek and tell me she loves me:)  I say that is one almost perfect day (it would have been perfect if Max had been able to join us but I guess someone must work)!

This is always one of my favorite times to come out this way.  The ground in Calgary is still snow covered and chilly but here the flowers are starting to bloom and the grass is green.  It is a relaxing reprieve from the hustle, bustle and cold of home plus it gives my wardrobe a great spring/summer boost!

So excited for Vancouver tomorrow...

No comments: