Tuesday, 28 December 2010

Giraffe Boy

Finally, super late, this is the last post from our trip to New York.  The past few months have been so busy getting ready for Christmas and other activities, plus our desktop is really slow when it comes to video editing.  So, my wonderful hubbie got me a Macbook Pro to do all my blogging on, yeah!  Let's hope I won't get so far behind, again:)


Our last day in New York we decided to got to Rockefeller Plaza to go skating.  Lynda had really wanted to go so we planned our trip here around the opening of the skating rink.  It was fun and very entertaining.  The rental skates are like lead and insanely heavy but we still managed to skate around for a while (and for me to shop around while we were waiting for the ice to be cleaned).  We watched a few skaters before our way down to the ice and noticed a skated who Lindsay has since deemed "The Giraffe Boy."  He was the biggest highlight of the skating for me as you will see in this video.  He had the oddest, bucking upper body but very smartly incorporated all of his falls into his 'routines.'  I spent most of my time on the sidelines either watching or videoing this guy.  I even watched as he took out a young girl who was trying out her figure skating moves in the centre of the rink.  I hope you all enjoy this dude as we all did (he is the one in the brown shirt with the red decal in the centre).  Also look for the safety skater at the end of the video.  I guess you have to be prepared for anything but really?

All in all, another fabulous trip. We all did well in the shopping department, ate at some really awesome and unique restaurants and just had a great time!  I am so excited to do it again, maybe next time with Max.

****In case anyone would like the info for the personal shopper that we hired for Mom I have included some info below:
Kelli Harker: Soul Reflection 
(Kelli used to work with Max and has since left to do Personal Styling full time.  She does shopping trips in Calgary and in New York and hooked us up with a stylist in NYC)

Eliza: Stylista Shopping Tours
(We hired Eliza to take my Mom out shopping and to give me a shopping itinerary.  It was probably the best money we spent.  Mom had a fabulous time being made into the beauty that she is and the other three of us took advantage of the different stores Eliza suggested we venture to.  I will definitely do this the next time I am in NYC.  Seriously, the highlight of the trip for me and probably for my Hot Mama too!)

No comments: