The weekend after our birthdays, Sophia and I flew to Vancouver to visit with our families. We were lucky enough to stay with Nadine's parents and have Nadine and Evan out there visiting at the same time.

Sophia right before we left Calgary. Good thing the flight attendant came by because I totally forgot to do up the chest clip on her special seat belt (I was really about our trip and really not thinking well).

Thank goodness for personal entertainment! Just pop on
Treehouse and all is well. I don't think Sophia really spoke to me except to ask to start a new program:) The awesome headphones were a gift, for me, from my parents a couple of years ago and I am pretty sure Max and Sophia have used them more than I have (I practice good sharing):)

The first day we met up with Craig,
Ji-
Hyeon and Maya at the 'Spanish Banks' beach. The guys were there to play soccer and the ladies and kids had a chance to hang out. One of the girls there, Ire (I have no idea how to spell her name), was the same age as Sophia. Once the girls got past the fact that they had to share, they became good pals. We even went out for lunch with them, sushi, of course. Finally we meet another little one who eats sushi, although I am sure it helps that Ire's Mom is Japanese.

Granny Cathy and Maya. Cathy says she is finally admitting to being a Grandma and is enjoying every minute of it! She did look quite relaxed holding a baby again...

Just for comparison sake. Maya at 6 weeks old and Sophia at 3 years old. Wow, you forget how small babies are.

I am thinking she had some gas...

Maya was so quiet and content for almost all of the time we spent with them. She didn't mind being at the beach, at lunch, out shopping. The only time she got really mad we were in the car driving out of downtown and we hit every single red light. Once we started to cruise across the bridge, she was fine.

She made the funniest faces for Craig.

Fast asleep on our shopping trip to
Kitsilano. Sophia was so good with Maya. She would bring her toys, gently touch Maya's cheek and tell her stories and she shared her stroller. Sophia walked probably eight blocks (bought her an ice cream cone halfway) on her own so that Maya could use her stroller.
Ji-
Hyeon had brought the sling to carry Maya but the temperature was about 30 degrees and they both started to get really warm. I think this worked out well and Sophia even got a little bit of extra exercise!
No comments:
Post a Comment