Why the name sparrow? For those of you who are fluent in Russian, you will know that the root of our name, vorobey, means sparrow. Since most of my English speaking friends (and family) have some trouble speaking and spelling our name I thought I would go with Sophia the Sparrow, as it seems much easier.
Tuesday, 18 August 2009
Long time gone...
Well, we are finally back at it after a month of travelling and having visitors. After Sophia's birthday party we flew to Vancouver for the weekend to meet up with Max's Dad and Denis who, along with Max were on on Pender Island doing some fishing. We had a marvelous weekend staying at Nadine's parents house in West Vancouver (pictures to come), I think it is probably the most beautiful house I have seen! We then flew home and the next day Sveta, Nikita and Matvey arrive for 2.5 weeks in Canada. We had a fantastic time with them at Gull Lake and in Kelowna. Sophia didn't take too long to warm up to any of them (we have seen them 3 times in the last year and a half) which was great. The 'boys' were the perfect age to hang out with Sophia a couple of times which she absolutely loved especially considering they had marshmallows for lunch one day! I do think that Sophia enjoyed her time with Sveta the most. They built towers of blocks, made sand cakes, had dance parties and Sveta let Sophia try out most of her make up. It was really sad to see them go but we hope to visit with them again soon (lots and lots of pictures to come)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment