Sunday, 14 September 2008

Congratulations Dave and Heather!

We all travelled out to Kelowna to attend Dave and Heather's wedding. My Mom and Dave's Mom have been friends since they were 12 and our Dad's were friends in University. Dave's older brother, Rob, and I are the same age and Dave is the same age as Lindsay. We used to spend much of our time out in the Okanagan with these guys and have many wonderful stories. It was so nice to see them again as we haven't seen them in about a year. Strangley enough, it was as if we were never apart but I guess that is what good friendship is all about.
Doesn't Heather look gorgeous? (Sorry about the poor quality of the inside shots. Max was playing with the settings on my new camera but I believe we now have the glitch fixed)
The newlyweds grinning from ear to ear...
Rob and Heather's sister Bonnie.
Wendy and Warren looking beautiful and handsome...
Can you tell where she gets those awesome blue eyes from?
Sophia enjoyed playing with the railing outside the church, until she stuck her head through...Wow, I almost had a heart attack but the gap was big enough to get it back out...

We tried to get a good shot of Sophia for Auntie Sveta (she gave Sophia the fancy dress) and this was the best we could come up with.
Dancing in the hallway at the reception.
Two beauties:)
Sophia and Grandma Pat sharing a lemon...
Not too shabby for a self portrait...


Family shot at 11 o'clock at night!!! With the time difference it was midnight for us. Sophia had to be woken from her nap earlier in the day to make it to the wedding so I was amazed that she lasted as long as she did. Her entertainment was pressing the handicap button and running outside. She ran and ran long after the other kids fell asleep. It was quite dark but she had on her light up sandals so we couldn't miss her...
I think maybe she was a little bit tired:)
The next day Wendy and Warren had a little get together at their place. It was so nice to chat with Rob and Dave, it was kind of like old times...
Sophia only made it to the end of the party. She had about a 4 hour nap to help recover from the night before. All in all, I think it took her a couple of days to get back on schedule but she was remarkably well behaved...
Mr and Mrs Sparks. Congratulations again guys!




No comments: