This past Thursday we took possession of our cabin! Since we had the furniture included in the deal there wasn't too much else to take out there, enough to fill two vehicles, plus an extra vehicle for the toys. Lindsay, the girls and I went out Thursday morning to start, later that day my Dad made it out with another load. Then on Friday, Sophia's toys showed up when my grandparents arrived. It didn't take very long to get everything moved in. We did have to make several trips to the grocery and hardware stores in Lacombe, along with a couple of farmer's markets that were going on in the area. All in all, it was a great weekend and awesome weather!

Our neighbors down the road gave Sophia the slide as a welcoming present. She loved it and spent a fair bit of time on it.

Since the weather was so great, we spent almost all of our time outside.
Mmmm, snack time...
Sadie even learned how to hang out on the tricycle. She knew enough to put her feet on the pegs and let Lindsay push her around.
Ahhh, gardening...I am not a gardener so any advice would be wonderful.
When we first arrived "Lindsay and Tyson's" garden was overrun with chick weed. In a few places, it was really difficult to tell what was weed and what wasn't. We (Lindsay, Grandma and I), spent most of Friday afternoon weeding. Everything except the cucumbers have come up, plus some stray green onions from the previous year. The lovely line in this picture is spinach, which surprisingly looks amazing!
Sophia wanted to give it a shot and stole Lindsay's gardening gloves to help. Her idea of helping is to empty the garden of dirt and sprinkle it on the grass. I guess I can't really complain as she also really likes to water the garden and plants. Everyday when she wakes up she runs outside and tries to water everything. Hopefully this way I don't accidentally forget to water them:)
Since Sadie and Sophia each had a turn on the tricycle, Lindsay decided she should also. I have no idea how she does it with her long legs but Sophia really enjoyed watching her auntie riding around the deck.
No comments:
Post a Comment