Sunday, 24 April 2011

Happy Easter!!!

Happy Easter to all of you out there in Blogger World!  We had a fantastic day.  We woke up at the cabin to another gorgeous and sunny day.  Sophia was so excited that the Easter Bunny had found us at the cabin (in fact, when Max went to check on her last night, she popped up, with eyes open and told Max that she thought at first he was the Easter Bunny coming to see her).  She woke us up with smiles and squeals of delight as to all the goodies that the bunny had left her, which I must say is the best way to wake up.  From there, we got ourselves dressed up and headed back to the city for a fabulous brunch at The Petroleum Club (for those that were there, 8 years ago, that is where Max and I had our wedding reception) with my parents.  After brunch, we dropped off some stuff at home and then headed to the Jubilee to attend Riverdance, with a good friend of Sophia's.  I loved watching Sophia's face while watching the dancing.  She is completely enthralled and really loved it!

The morning light was coming in the kitchen in such a neat way that Max got Sophia to pose for a few shots.  This is how crazy her hair can be in the morning and it has a braid in it still, thanks to Grandma!
Since Sophia is not such a huge chocolate fan, the Easter Bunny left her more jellybeans than chocolates.  Amazingly enough, she ate some on the drive back to Calgary but has not asked for or eaten any of her Easter candy since!  I think she did have a few before this picture was taken though...
Showing off her loot.
 By now, it is only about 8 am, which is quite early for Sophia, so I am thinking she is our stunned bunny...






A little video of our Easter Egg Hunt.  Sophia loved the hunting part but I think the Easter Bunny may have to work at finding some better hiding spots for next year.   Anyone recognize the song?  It is 'Chocolate' by Paul Hann

Aha, I have finally posted something on the day it happened!  Other than our trip to the cabin this weekend, we have not been up to much the past two weeks. Sophia and I ended up with the stomach flu, twice in two weeks for me, and now Sophia has a wicked cough and runny nose.   By Friday, I was so done with being sick, dealing with sickness and being stuck in my house.  Thank goodness for our cabin.  The weather was perfect, the sunny was shining and we found our new favorite spot.  The upper deck in the afternoon has some wonderful sun and it was almost hot to be sitting out there.  We all had some activity, coloring, crafts, newspaper or book and spent a couple of hours each day out there just realaxing.  I love this place, it is such a nice break from our day to day activites!

No comments: