Friday, 23 April 2010

Disney World

After a ridiculously early morning to get off the ship (had to eat breaky at 6:15am), we were on our way to our hotel at Disney World. I didn't have too much planned for that day except our Tea Party at the Grand Floridian (I have always wanted to stay here and Max was happy to indulge me). I love, love, love having afternoon tea. There is something so calming and peaceful about it, until you have a three year old with you, that is.

We each had our own tea and snacks. Sophia's was some kind of kiddie tea with lot of fruit flavors and I think she ended up drinking most of the pot...
Probably because she needed to drink it in order to keep filling it up! They give you a strainer to catch the leaves and Sophia thought that was the best part about the tea. Yes, we even let her do it by herself...

The next morning, we were off to EPCOT for our Princess breakfast. I really didn't think there would be as many characters, if any, on our cruise and I wanted to make sure Sophia was able to see the Princesses so I booked this when we booked our trip. We were all pleasantly surprised with our breaky, it was delicious. They had a professional photographer taking the kids pictures with Belle and while you are eating, some of the other Princesses walk by. I had no idea who this one was until she started speaking in an odd British accent (then I saw her hanging with Peter Pan at the parade), it's Wendy.
Sophia was quite excited to see Ariel as she kept telling us she didn't get a picture with Ariel and she needed one.
Spring is a fabulous time to visit here, just don't go during Spring Break. During early spring, there are these amazing topiary all around EPCOT. Minnie and Mickey just as you are about to enter the international pavilions.
I had to throw this one in for all those of us who went to Nationals in Florida many years ago. It was smoking hot then (40 degrees) and for some odd reason we spent lots of time in the German pavilion. I think every time I have come here we end up eating some bratwurst and sauerkraut and those that could, would drink some yummy German beer. The best memory of that trip was when we were leaving, Ray Bortolin and his van full, accidentally ended up on a side road heading towards a massive, empty parking lot (end of the day and the park was closed). Us in the other van, watched as we passed them on the freeway. All you could see was this one lonely van...at least they made it out of there:)

They tried to put the characters near each of their appropriate pavilion so Belle and the Beast were outside of France. These things were amazing to see and yes, I think they are all plants and flowers of some kind.
Even the facial expressions and character are so much like the movies. Lumiere, Chip, Mrs. Potts and Cogsworth, all from Beauty and the Beast (for those of you who children aren't obsessed with Princesses).
Sophia didn't want to go too close to Captain Hook so Max had to go with her. I love the dopey look on the Crocodile.
After EPCOT, we headed to the Magic Kingdom (crazy us, we did 4 parks in two days). Sophia was pretty pumped to see the Princess Castle.

We did pretty much all the rides that Sophia could go on and Dumbo was the first one. The line up sign for this ride said 1.5 hours and that is pretty much how long it took. I can't believe children would wait that long?? (If any of you go to a Disney Park anytime soon, be sure to use the Fast Passes as they save soooo much time.)

The sign says it all, except that maybe Max should have been in the picture instead of me...We also got to see two parades around Magic Kingdom, one during the day and the amazing light one at night. Sophia fell asleep at dinner (literally, at the table while we were waiting for our dinner), but once the music started, she was awake and enjoyed watching. At one point Max asked Sophia how she was enjoying Disney World, "not healthy" was all she said. I have no idea where that would have come from but it was pretty funny:)

No comments: