Wednesday, 15 July 2009

Enchanted Forrest

This is a must for stops along our way to Kelowna. Sophia remembered it from last year and was so excited to be back. This year she was more independent and went through all of the houses, including the really tall treehouse. She literally ran from house to house to see what was new.

I didn't think we would get her in here but she didn't seem to mind it.

Climbing up the big bridge/ship with Papa. Ah, my two smiling cuties:)

Grandpa Brian peeking into one of the houses. Dad also went up the really tall treehouse which was a big step since he is afraid of heights.

Last year Sophia didn't really want to climb up the stairs in any house (plus she had a little trouble). This year, it was all done on her own. I think the only thing she didn't like was the slide coming out of this one. It starts on the second level and goes all the way to the ground. Max was trying to get a picture and I was trying to stay out of it and still catch Sophia. It ended up being a bit of a tangle but thankfully no one was hurt:)

Sophia is the perfect size for this place. Every bed she saw, she tried to sleep in. I can't imagine any of them being that comfortable...

It was such nice break for her to get out and run, you can see it all in her face.

The really tall treehouse with Sophia on the bottom for size (she is about 3 feet tall). It was quite high and of course the three engineers had to discuss the building of it and the safety factors. Yep, we are nerds!

The bunk house at the top. After climbing all those stairs I think we needed a rest.

Hmmm, I wonder how Buddha got there?

Now for comparison, this was this year (Age: almost 3)...

Sophia last year (Age: 2). It looks like she has a better handle on the hippo this year! I think we might have to continue to come here every year so we can see the difference in size.
We are hoping to come back out this way at the beginning of August since Uncle Denis and family are coming to visit us from Moscow. Max (and I too, if someone would watch Sophia) are hoping to take the nephews to the Outdoor Course that is at the Enchanted Forrest. We tried a zip line in Hawaii and it was awesome but this one looks even better.

No comments: